Rogers introduces a reliable new way to stay connected in more places
As many of us know, cellular signals can sometimes be weak on upper floors in tall buildings, including condos and office towers, not to mention basements, remote cottages and even stadiums. But now there’s a solution. To keep customers connected, Rogers introduced Wi-Fi Calling – an alternative that lets customers send and receive calls and SMS with compatible devices over a Wi-Fi connection. Compatible devices currently include any iPhone 5C, 5S, 6, 6+, 6s and 6s+ that has iOS 9 installed. Here’s how it works.
- Tap Settings on your iPhone
- Scroll down and tap Phone
- Tap Wi-Fi Calling
- Toggle the Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone slider to the “On” position
- You’ll be asked: Enable Wi-Fi Calling?
- Select Cancel or Enable to continue
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter and confirm your Primary Address.
Wi-Fi Calling Is Easy to Use:
- Turn on the Wi-Fi Calling feature
- Begin using your phone as you normally would
- Your phone automatically switches to Wi-Fi Calling when the wireless network is no longer in range
- Call and text in even more places
- No apps, no hassle
- For the most part, all calls and text messages are part of your monthly usage allotment and are billed the same way