Program your favourite shows to record, delete saved programs and more – from wherever you happen to be
Rogers PVR boxes come with everything you need to manage recording from the comfort of your couch, but what happens when you remember too late that your dinner out means you’re going to miss the latest episode of Westworld?
Turns out there’s an app for that. And it’s called Rogers Anyplace TV™ Home Edition.
With just a few intuitive taps and swipes, you can search for and record any show to which your cable subscription provides access. And you can do it wherever you are, whether that happens to be during a night out or while vacationing on the other side of the planet.
Here’s everything you need to know to start using Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition’s PVR functionality.
- Find and download Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition for smartphones and tablets (Apple App Store – iPhone/iPad or Google Play – smartphones/tablets). It’s free and doesn’t require much space, so you’ve got no excuse not to give it a try.
- Launch and sign in to the app with your MyRogers username and password. If you haven’t created a MyRogers account yet, stop reading this and head over to rogers.com/myrogers to make one. It just takes a minute or two. We’ll wait for you.
- Once you’re signed in, you’ll land on the main program schedule. Look for and tap the PVR button. On phones, it’s in the bottom row; on tablets, it’s in the top left corner. Tap PVR in the pop-up that appears and you’ll see a list of all recorded and scheduled programs currently on your PVR.
- From here, you can easily sort through recorded and scheduled programs by date, title and channel. Tap a listed show and you’ll be provided with content details as well as options to delete it, modify its recording schedule or even remotely command your PVR to begin playing it.
- To schedule a new recording, return to the guide by tapping the Guide button at the bottom of the screen. Scroll up, down, left and right via simple swipes on the live-programming guide to locate the show you want or find future programs by tapping the search box in the upper left and entering a name. Once you’ve found a show you want to record, just tap it and set recording options. Then press Save.
And now you’re done! Your PVR will take it from here.